Kanti Mulji Parmar died due to Silicosis in Gujarat on 04th September 2014. His elder brother had also died of silicosis. He lost parents and brothers who also died because of silicosis.
Bashir Malek ulitmately lost his struggle with Silicosis on 5th Aug 2014 late evening at a hospital in Baroda. He also lost his brother and sister-in-law also because of silicosis.
Shantaben Khushalbhai Parmar-55 years, breathed her last today 09th july 2014 early morning. She lost her husband of silicosis long back. In December 2011 she lost her eldest son Raju at the age of 35 who was suffering from Silicosis.
Karima Rashidbhai Malek died due to Silicosis in Gujarat on 04th July 2014.
Bashirmiya Belim died due to Silicosis in Gujarat on 22nd June, 2014.
Arvind Parmar died due to Silicosis in Gujarat on 10th June, 2014.
Thakor Faesinh Rathod died due to Silicosis in Gujarat on 30th March 2014. At present here are 140+ workers suffer from Silicosis in Khambhat out of which 10 are in very poor state of health.
Jivan Kalidas Baraiya died due to Silicosis in Gujarat on 24th March 2014.
Rukhiben Parmar 65 years died due to Silicosis in Gujarat on 03rd January 2014.
Nannusha Diwan 33 years died due to Silicosis in Gujarat on 05th January 2014.
Maruthi Hanumanth expired on 4th March, 2013. He was suffering from Asbestosis
He was employed by Shree Digvijay Cement Co. Ltd. from 1st January 1975 to 1995 as a Packer of Cement with the mixture of Asbestos fiber in Packing Department.
From 1995 till 2001, he was employed by Gujarat Composite Limited as a Packer and Helper. Since 1975, he was regularly exposed to asbestos fiber while packing the cement material without sufficient precautionary measures.
Balkishan Aadiwasi expired on 18th November, 2012. He was suffering from Silicosis.
Father’s Name- Durga Aadiwasi
Age- 51 Years
Village- Badaur, Distt. Panna, Madhya Pradesh
Samuben Darbar, 49. succumbed to silicosis on 23rd September 2012,Sunday morning. She never worked as agate polisher but her father-in-law established factory in front of their house in Shakarpur, Gujarat where once upon a time at least 25-30 workers used to work.Business was taken over by her husband and his brothers. One by one all brothers dies but Mansingh, Samuben’s husband.Samuben was diagnosed having silicosis in 2010. The picture was taken on 14th September by medical students of Dhiraj Hospital, Vaghodia visiting Shakrpur, Gujarat.